Thursday, August 23, 2012

Weekend Update!

Damien and I have a fabulous time in Pittsburgh this past weekend.  I thought that I would have time to update with a post or two, but that didn't end up happening so here I am now!  We had a great time visiting with Dan and Cheryl - they are AWESOME!  Colin and Rachel are always fun (even if Colin does like to leave his stuff in our car - we came home with your red pullover, sorry!  I'll put it to good use though ; )   It was great seeing Aunt Cathy and Jack again too - it had been quite a few years since I'd seen them!  Just last night Damien was telling me that he was glad that Aunt Cathy and I had a chance to bond our the creepy clown scene in the movie Poltergeist, haha.  All of this discussion was brought on by my fear of a "Peek-a-boo" bear.  Check out the video above!  I think it was the talking mouth that got me.  There is a funny story that goes along with this bear, but it is best told in person so the next time you see me, ask me about the peek-a-boo bear!

I fell in love with these tiny little frogs that are sold at the store where Rachel works.  I guess they are called African Dwarf frogs and they just stay little.  I was convinced that I would bring some home or at least to bring to the library (library frogs, how cool, right?).  I ultimately decided not to get them though since I wasn't sure they would make the car ride home.  (How did your frogs do Aunt Cathy?)




Rachel and I did our customary yarn shop run and enabled...erh, I mean gave each other opinions on possible yarn purchases.  As usual, I came home with yarn that I probably didn't need, but man oh man is it luscious!  I purchased several skeins of Malabrigo Worsted "Deja Vu" and plan to make a knitted log cabin blanket.  I have already started it and am working on it as I can!  This blanket will be all mine (mwahahaha?).  It'll be even nicer to work on as the weather gets cooler as this is going to be a good size blanket that will need to sit on my lap as I knit it.
Picture from http://www.eweneedyarn.com

I also got to meet little 2 month old Joshua - my goodness was he a handsome little man!  It was surreal to hold a little baby since I really haven't done that since my now teenage cousin Joshua was a little baby!  Damien looked quite comfortable with him and I think baby Joshua took quite a liking to Damien!  Good practice for both of us!



No comments:

Post a Comment