Monday, August 27, 2012

Playing with Yarn on a Sunday morning


I started out the day in the yarn room getting yarns together for upcoming projects.  It's nice to have my knitting/crochet mojo back!  The first project I was planning for is one with one of the Ravelry groups (Vanna's Choice yarn group) that I joined a couple years ago.  Every few seasons, one of the amazing designers in the group offers a "mysteryghan" in which we are given weekly clues (pattern instructions) and have no idea how the finished afghan will look until it is finished!  These are always a bunch of fun!  I'm quite determined to finish this one by the end of the year!  I'm going with a neutral palette for this blanket and I'll be using Vanna's Choice yarn - black, charcoal grey, sterling grey, espresso, taupe, linen, rust, honey, and beige. 

I looked for inspiration on the Design Seeds website.  (This is a fabulous website that I love to browse through to get ideas for colors!)  I was drawn to the color palette above on the right and evolved it to the 9 colors needed for the pattern.  It looks like the first pattern clue is going to be released this coming Saturday on September 1.  Looking forward to it!


The second project that I was planning for is for another Ravelry group that is devoted to Madelinetosh yarns.  I have developed quite a stash of Madelinetosh merino light over the past year to use for my first and second beekeeper's quilts and am going to dig deep into the stash for this project.  I'm going to knit a shawl/wrap that I'll hopefully use during nursing.  The pattern is pretty straightforward and lots of knitting, but I think it is doable.  
The pattern is called "All Shades of the Truth" and was another fabulous Ravelry find.  I'm planning to make my wrap in shades of black, greys, and greens.
A photo of the original pattern completed by Laura Aylor (ravname: LATaylor13) is above.  

In addition to these two projects, I'm also working slowly on yet another beekeeper's quilt.  I'm trying not to make myself crazy with too many projects (I have a tendency to over-commit, lol) so this project will just get completed as I am able to work on it.

Hooray for yarn!



No comments:

Post a Comment