Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cribs, Travel Systems, and Pumps....oh my!

A couple days ago, I told Damien that we needed to get on the ball about registering for baby stuff. He responded, "oh yea, let's do that this weekend." I had to tell him that we couldn't go quite yet because I wasn't even quite sure what we would be buying! There are so many brands for EVERYTHING that some time needs to be spent researching what products are best for our family. I've been in a sort of daze about all of this registering stuff, but it's time to break out of that phase of procrastination!
I've decided to spend my day off from work tackling the baby registry or at least getting myself up to speed on all of the stuff that we're going to need for our LO (little one).  In preparation for just this occasion, I purchased the Baby Bargain books (a la, the Bible) from Amazon several weeks ago, but it has just been sitting on my nightstand taunting me everyday

Well that all changes now! I've spent the better part of this morning researching cribs and have moved on to pumps and even created a registry at Baby's r Us. I'm only going to add items that I'm sure we'll use, but I'll definitely leave some scan gun fun with Damien when we actually go to the store.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 UPDATE, Sunday August 12, 2012
Well, I did end up stopping by Babys r Us on Friday afternoon after all.  I braved the downpour to head out and get a most delicious corned beef sandwich (drool) and vegetable barley soup and then spent a leisurely afternoon wandering around the store with the scan gun.  I ended up adding items for boy, girl, and neutral so I'll just delete the others when we find out if we are having a boy or girl!  I spent a good portion of the time texting back and forth with my best friend Sandya - it was like registering with a friend with me : )

Here is the crib we decided on - it's the Simmons Renaissance in the espresso finish:

 I have added the matching dressers too.  Off to look at more nursery beddings!

No comments:

Post a Comment