Monday, August 27, 2012

Sunday Fun and New Stuff!

Damien and I had another busy day yesterday!  We usually like to spend one day of the weekend relaxing, but that certainly didn't happen this week.  Guess we are becoming more like real people, hahaha.  

We started off the day heading to Lilianna's second birthday party!  It was our second such very young person's birthday party this summer.  Our friends are preparing us for all of the fun to come!  There were certainly a lot of cute babies and toddlers there.  So adorable - can't wait!

Afterwards there were lots of errands to run, but one thing that I didn't have to do was go grocery shopping.  Or rather I should say, I didn't have to wander around the grocery store with a cart, but instead spent 30 minutes on my computer in the morning adding items to my digital list and submitting it to the grocery store.  One of the newer grocery stores to move into the neighborhood (Shoprite) offers services for customers to shop online and either pick-up the gathered groceries later in the day or even have the groceries delivered to you home!  I figured that it was time to give it a go and let me tell you, I may never go large scale grocery shopping myself ever again, especially since the order was spot on.  I instead got to spend the afternoon shopping for items for the bedroom in anticipation of the mattress arriving this morning!

Once we were finished picking up the groceries, I decided that it was time to tackle a new cupcake recipe.  I found a great recipe for Earl Grey with Lemon Butter cream and decided to give it a go.  (My typical cupcake baking process is first trying a recipe to the letter and changing things around during subsequent uses of the recipe).  These cupcakes smelled AMAZING as they baked and I must say that I finally created the best lemon butter cream that I have ever whipped up!  Damien was a huge fan of them and they are en route to Damien's job where I'm sure they ended up being a tasty breakfast treat! 

Since I was on such a kick with the success of the cupcakes, I decided to change up my meatloaf recipe too and decided to try out Alton Brown's meatloaf recipe.  Ummm, wow.  It was quite tasty and extremely flavorful and it is likely that I'll never go back to my old recipe.  I improvised another potato recipe and threw some green beans on the plate, and ta-da delicious Sunday night dinner!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

New king size mattress!  The bedroom is finally coming together.  Pictures still need to be hung and we need to get a few more piece of furniture, but I'm really happy with the progress!










New futon mattress for the futon that currently resides in the living room.  It really matches the space!

No comments:

Post a Comment