Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mattress Shopping!

After weeks of being pushed further and further out of the bed by all of my pillows, Damien finally agreed to go mattress shopping today!  This was something that we had planned to do earlier this year soon after Christmas in an effort to get the guest room set-up so folks could have a bedroom to sleep in when they visited us.  Then Taiko had all of his issues...and there went the funds that we had saved for the new mattress.  Money well spent though and it was all worth it.

We headed out and I must have been getting "in a mood" as Damien likes to put it because all I remember is talking to him and him giving me the oddest look.  He pulled the car into Taco Bell and said, "let's get you something to eat."  I guess I was hungrier than I realized because my mood improved dramatically after that.  My darling Damien knows me so well.

Anyways, we visited three stores, the first two were stores we had never gone to before, but figured that we would give them a shot.  The shopping trip probably would have gone more quickly if it didn't take me forever to get in and out of all of the beds that we were trying out!  
We liked a mattress in the first store, but it was a bit above our price range and absolutely hated everything about our experience at the second store.  We had to go get ice cream after wards to get us back in the swing of things, lol.  We found what we were looking for in the third store, which is a locally owned shop that has been doing business around here for 30 years.  We were able to purchase the mattress that we wanted back in February so we couldn't be more pleased!  (We also picked up a new futon mattress - Taiko kind of ruined the current one - and a headboard.)  All in all, it was a rather production day.  



No comments:

Post a Comment