Thursday, December 13, 2012

Nursery Progress

Damien and I are slowly getting the nursery put together.  We have the dresser and crib put together, but still need to pick up the mattress for the crib.  I'm going to do that tomorrow and also start washing all of the baby clothes we received as gifts.  We are still playing musical furniture in the room to figure out the best flow and I think we have a decent plan - now it's just a matter of moving everything around!  Since there are still bags scattered around as I'm trying to stay organized (ha!), I'll provide a picture of the crib so you can see the wall color!  We decided on Valspar, color Sea Air.


 Yep, that's a huge stuffed animal panda bear in the crib!  My great MIL sent Emme an early gift from NYC - a huge cute cuddly bear!  The good news is that the cats are extremely alarmed by it and give it wide berth.  No sooner than Damien had the crib put together was Korben jumping into the crib.  As soon as we brought out Mr. Panda, Korben darted out of the room and hasn't tried to jump in there yet!  They do like to lie underneath the crib though which is okay with me!



Here is a close-up of Mr. Panda so you can get an idea of his actual size - he's HUGE!  (And he is wearing Damien's cowboy hat.)

And I know what you're thinking!  "Whoa whoa whoa, I thought that you were going with pink and purple in the nursery!"  About that...Soon before the baby shower, I was in "must the nursery before family gets here" mode so I set out to the paint stores to find the most perfect shade of pink or purple for the room.  Well, a funny thing happened on the way home from the numerous paint stores....
All of the pink and purple paints in the world just weren't looking good in the room and Damien started to have some serious doubts about a pink in general.  So I tried to figure out other colors that would work with the Jacana bedding set that we had selected.  I agonized over a blue, a green, or yellow, but ultimately was unsatisfied once I put the samples on the wall.  

In the middle of the angst, I started to see commercials for the Heidi Klum collections at Babies 'r Us so I decided to stop in and see them in person.  It was love at first site with the "Boho Harmony" collection.  Just about every color under the sun was included and the vibrancy was just perfect.  I told myself that the only way I would return the Jacana collection was if I could find the receipt.  If I couldn't find the receipt, then we were destined to have the Jacana set.  I must have anticipated our future reactions to a pink room because I found the receipt pretty much attached to the Jacana bag.

So it was a done deal and here is a picture of the Boho collection with all of the extras.  We have received many of the additional nursery decorations as gifts, but I still have a few more left to pick up before everything is said and done.




1 comment: