Monday, December 17, 2012

An update on yarn and knitting

So I admit, I haven't been the best with my knitting probably ever.  I have serious startistis, project ADD, whatever you want to call it.  I just can't stay focused on any project long enough to finish it.  I love to learn techniques though so I know how to do lots of fun and neat knitting techniques, but want to see a finished project using that technique?  Sorry, you'll likely need to go elsewhere.  Sad but true.  My other knitting vice is my love of the fiber.  I have more yarn than I know what to do with (well besides start new projects that is!).  All of that said, with Emme on the way, I'm pretty sure that my excessive yarn collection will keep me entertained as it is highly unlikely that I will ever be able to go on serious yarn purchasing binges again.  


Because I'm completely unfocused, I decided to go back to my knitting roots and pull out the garter stitch and good ol' log cabin knitting.  Because I had to add some level of complication, I'm working on a rectangular log cabin block with some of my favorite Madelinetosh merino light colors.  I'm currently in love with the yellow-orange-pink-red-purple combination so I'm limiting my palette to that.  I thought a touch of green would be nice in there too.
Colors are, starting from the top left corner
Row 1 - Candlewick, Terra, Tart, Posy, Dahlia
Row 2 - Grasshopper, Gilded, Citrus, Scarlet, Vermillion, Briar
Row 3 - Chamomile, Tomato, Frgrant, Lolita, La Vie En Rose (which may get switched out for sugar plum)

I won't be making all rectangular blocks and will throw in some squares, both log cabins style and mitered.  I have a vision...let's see if I can stay focused enough to see at least a portion of it realized!

Here is the start of the first rectangle:


No comments:

Post a Comment