Sunday, December 16, 2012

Nursery Preparations Continue!

We (i.e. Damien) rearranged the furniture in the room
I found what I think will be a great solution instead of buying bookcase/bulkier furniture at Target on Friday when I was out picking up the huge 20 gallon plastic containers to get my yarn room more organized.  (That ended up not happening as planned as I was exhausted by the time I got home from shopping and taking lunch to Damien.  Doesn't sound like a lot of work, but apparently it was).  I decided to spend the afternoon instead watching Bride and Prejudice.  

 Here is the one that we ended up buying.  Damien was a peach and put it together so the nursery is coming right along!  Let's see, we have the crib, dresser, some decorations up (her name is above the crib - more on this tomorrow!).  We still need to put up curtains, purchase the glider, and purchase a small table to put next to the glider for the lamp. 


Yesterday I also decided that it was high time that I wash all of the baby clothes and bedding.  I can't believe how much has accumulated for Emme already and she's not even here yet!  So many cute outfits!  I decided just to put all of the little socks into one drawer without matching them because them seem to be too little to match, hahaha.

We are going to need double sided tape and lots of balloons ASAP.  Damien sent me this picture yesterday when I was at work.  Yep, that is Evie taking a nap on the changing pad.  ~sigh~  AND, Korben seems infatuated with the crib skirt and keeps darting underneath it.  I guess we created a fun new hiding place for them.  And on top of all of that, Damien found Taiko sleeping in the crib tonight.  Apparently all of our cats think that we are getting this room ready for them!  Those gooseheads!

Here are some more pictures of the nursery preparation:

Damien concentrating as he puts the letters up on the wall - he's so serious when he's focused!



Korben wanted to help sooooooo badly, but Damien wasn't have it so he closed him out of the room.  (can you tell that we need to put a more level door on the nursery, hahaha?)



Eventually, I couldn't deal with Korben being so sad so I let him into the room and he decided to supervise Damien.  It worked out well for everybody

No comments:

Post a Comment